14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of information security
- System administrators
Juniper Networks provides networking hardware and software. Junos OS enables the creation of advanced firewalls that prevent malware intrusion.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at system administrators who wish to prevent malware intrusion with Juniper firewalls.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary virtual environment to start integrating Juniper firewalls into networks.
- Manage packet flow for transit traffic.
- Troubleshoot a Juniper device network.
- Integrate third-party feeds to block intrusion.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Juniper Networks and Cybersecurity
- Specifications and platforms used in Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks ecosystem
- Traffic processing
- Deployment options
- Firewall behavior
Overview of Malware
Preparing the Virtual Labratory
- Installing and configuring VirtualBox
- Installing and configuring Juno OS OVS files in VirtualBox
Juniper Configuration Basics
- Navigating CLI and interface functionality
- Managing system logging
- Creating and configuring policies
- Using a policy scheduler
- Configuring AGL
Routing and Firewalls
- Creating routing policies
- Applying routing policies
- Configuring firewall filters
Best Practices when Troubleshooting in Juniper
- Hard drive
- Compact flash issues
- Memory issues
Summary and Conclusion